The I'm Stuck App
Where are Americans getting stuck? Click here to view the map.
Highlights from a year of I'm Stuck: Click here to view the video.
The free I’m Stuck app, made by Building America’s Future in partnership with the U.S. Travel Association, will allow delayed commuters around the country to directly and immediately email their U.S. Representative or Senator to share their frustration.
Every day, millions of Americans waste precious time, money and energy stuck in traffic, stuck on a tarmac, delayed on a subway or train.. The I’m Stuck app will empower citizens to tell their Member Congress that it is time to reinvest in America.
The policies put in place, or the lack of a coherent long-term infrastructure plan, directly affects the daily experience of Americans trying to get around their communities. This app gives commuters and passengers an avenue to voice their frustrations to Congress. This innovative, real time communications tool is a new method of grassroots advocacy. Members of Congress are going to hear daily from their constituents about how a lack of transportation and infrastructure funding is keeping America stuck in gridlock.
Whether your local highway doesn’t have enough lanes to handle all the traffic or your local airport doesn’t have the capacity to deal with all of its flights, this is the app to ensure your voice will be heard. With the I’m Stuck app, you can immediately contact your U.S. Representative or Senator from the plane, from public transit or from Amtrak, among other places. Governor Rendell, Co-Chair, Building America’s Future: “Usually commuters think traffic is like weather- it is something that happens to them and they have no control over it. But that isn’t the case at all. The policies we put in place, or the lack of a coherent long-term infrastructure plan, directly impacts the daily experience of Americans trying to get around their communities. This app gives commuters and passengers a tool to voice their frustrations to Congress. It is called ‘I’m Stuck,’ but the truth is America is stuck until Washington takes action.”
"‘I’m Stuck’ is going to bring elected officials closer to the people on the ground, experiencing the pain and frustration of outdated and overburdened transportation systems every day.”
--BAF President Marcia Hale
Download the free app today!
Tips and Tricks
- Your safety is important to us, so please do NOT use the app while driving.
- The more people that use the app and the more often those users submit, the more effective we’ll be. Encourage your friends to download the app and be sure to use it any time you’re stuck.
- Building America’s Future’s pre-loaded messages make submission possible in just seconds! (But, feel free to edit the message to make it your own).
- The app allows you to upload images to send with your message. Don’t be afraid to show your Congressperson the conditions you’re experiencing.
- Remember that you can always save a message to send later.
- Be sure to let us know on Twitter (@BAFuture) and Facebook (facebook.com/BAFuture) when you’re reporting a problem.
- All information collected by the app is for the use of BAF only. BAF will not sell or publicly disclose any information to any third party.
- Press Release
- Traffic Jam? Train Late? Tarmac Wait? Get UnStuck by Marriott International President and CEO Arne Sorenson
- Delayed? Let Your Congressman Know (Travel Market Report)
- Travel Groups' App Turns Traffic Jams Into Advocacy (Associations Now)
- New App Urges Travelers to Complain to Lawmakers About Their Travel Hassles (Meetings and Conventions)
- I’m stuck and I can’t travel: Instantly tell your lawmakers with new app (eTurboNews)
- Traffic jam? Train late? Tarmac wait? Get unstuck (US Travel News Brief)
- Press release
- Gov Ed Rendell's op-ed in USA Today
- Gov. Ed Rendell on the Today Show
- I'm Stuck featured on CBS This Morning
- Gov. Ed Rendell on Andrea Mitchell Reports
**The I’m Stuck app is owned and operated by Building America’s Future. To visit the full site please click here.
Mesa, Arizona Mayor John Giles explains why infrastructure investment is important in his community.
- Press Release Former Pennsylvania Governor Edward Rendell Calls for Port, Waterway Strategy in Speech to American Association of Port Authorities Read More
- Press Release BAF Educational Fund Releases Infrastructure Report: Falling Apart and Falling Behind Read More
- Published Report An Economic Analysis of Infrastructure Investment Read More
Public transit reduces gas consumption by 1.4 billion gallons each year.