Bruce StarrState Senator, District 15 Oregon
- State Senator, represents Western Washington County, the communities of Forest Grove, North Plains, Cornelius and Hillsboro.
- Currently Assistant Republican Leader.
- Currently Serves as Vice-Chair of the Senate Transportation and Economic Development committee.
- Chair, National Conference of State Legislatures Taskforce on Transportation Funding
- Also is a member of the Senate General Government committee, the committee with jurisdiction over the State Accident Insurance Fund. There will be at least three committee meetings devoted to this issue with likely legislative action proposed.
2003 Legislative Session:
- Served as Vice-Chair of Senate Transportation and Economic Development Committee. This committee spent a significant amount of time reviewing the various state models for dealing with Workers Compensation hearing from a number of other states in the process.
- Served on the Senate Revenue Committee, the Senate General Government Committee
2001 Legislative Session:
- State Representative 1999-2002
- Chaired the House Transportation committee, served on Rules and Redistricting committee, and the House Education committee.
- Married to Rebecca for 12 years, two children.
- Small Business owner
- Works with the Portland Business Alliance and the Pacific Northwest International Trade Association.
- Portland State University Graduate.
Representative Starr's official page can be found here.
- Press Release Former Pennsylvania Governor Edward Rendell Calls for Port, Waterway Strategy in Speech to American Association of Port Authorities Read More
- Press Release BAF Educational Fund Releases Infrastructure Report: Falling Apart and Falling Behind Read More
- Published Report An Economic Analysis of Infrastructure Investment Read More
In 2006, American public transit prevented the release of 26 million tons of greenhouse gases.