The Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce and Building America's Future Educational Fund co-hosted a forum about Jacksonville's transportation infrastructure on Jan. 5, from 8-10 a.m. at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront.
The forum examined the importance of investing in infrastructure improvements and its regional and national impact on the economy, job growth and quality of life. Former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, co-chair of Building America's Future Educational Fund, was the keynote speaker.
The forum included a discussion about local, state and federal transportation infrastructure challenges. Panelists included JaxPort CEO Paul Anderson, Jacksonville Transportation Authority CEO Michael Blaylock, and Jacksonville Aviation Authority CEO and Executive Director Steve Grossman. Florida Rep. Lake Ray was the moderator for the panel.
- Press Release
- Video: Rendell's Keynote Speech
- Video: Discussion on Ports, Dredging and Panama Canal
- Video: Discusion on Barriers and Challenges to Infrastructure Funding and Projects
- Live Tweets – http://www.Twitter.com/BAFuture (#JAXtranspo)
- Op-ed by Governor Rendell and Rep. Ray in the Times-Union
- To view the news coverage please click here