Former State Senator, representing Western Washington County, the communities of Forest Grove, North Plains, Cornelius and Hillsboro.
- Assistant Republican Leader.
- Vice-Chair of the Senate Transportation and Economic Development committee.
- Chair, National Conference of State Legislatures Taskforce on Transportation Funding
- Also was a member of the Senate General Government committee, the committee with jurisdiction over the State Accident Insurance Fund.
2003 Legislative Session:
- Served as Vice-Chair of Senate Transportation and Economic Development Committee. This committee spent a significant amount of time reviewing the various state models for dealing with Workers Compensation hearing from a number of other states in the process.
- Served on the Senate Revenue Committee, the Senate General Government Committee
2001 Legislative Session:
- State Representative 1999-2002
- Chaired the House Transportation committee, served on Rules and Redistricting committee, and the House Education committee.
- Married to Rebecca for 12 years, two children.
- Small Business owner
- Works with the Portland Business Alliance and the Pacific Northwest International Trade Association.
- Portland State University Graduate.