Mike served as a Commissioner for 24 years until he declined to run for re-election in 2015.
- With my spouse as business partner enjoyed operating various businesses in the greater Helena community.
- Former Owner (sold 1996) - Al's Poultry Farm, Helena Valley
- Former Owner (sold 1991) - Action Print
- Current owner Helena Time and Temperature (442-1730)
- Experienced in handling government funds and working with governmental agencies. Past Administrator of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division. In this position, I was responsible for establishing the treatment/rehabilitation network now in place throughout Montana.
- Executive Director of Rocky Mountain Development Council. First director of Head Start in Helena and was instrumental in starting the County Family Planning Program and many of the existing Senior Citizen Programs including Helena Senior Center and Daily Dinner Club, Foster Grandparents.
- Lewis and Clark County Commissioner Chairman, FY 95, 98, 2001, 2004 and 2007
- Helena City Commissioner 1960
- Montana CEP Private Industry Council Vice Chair, 9 Years
- St. Helena Cathedral Parish Council Chairman, 2 Terms
- Downtown Helena, Inc., past president
- Past Chairman Knights of Columbus, 4th Degree
- Member Ancient Order of Hibernians
- Member Helena Chamber of Commerce
- Member and Former Chairman of Board, Rocky Mountain Development Council